Mirror Chrome Help Section
Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome Application Guide for Exterior Mirror Chrome results:
Apply the Mirror Chrome with a standard HVLP spray gun or airbrush. The Mirror Chrome paint is easy to use. Apply the Mirror Chrome paint with a heavy air flow and a light amount of Mirror Chrome Paint coming out of the air gun. You want to "mist" it onto your surface until you have an even coat. One of the best ways to tell if you are misting it on properly is that you will see the Mirror Chrome paint hit the surface and then instantly flash a 1/4 to 1/2 second later. This will give you the best Mirror Chrome results.
In order to achieve the Mirror Chrome results that you will be in awe over; your surface preparation is a very critical step. You will want your surface to be as smooth glass as possible. This will allow the Mirror Chrome paint to lie down properly and be as reflective as possible for your end results.
How to Apply Mirror Chrome paint:
(Be sure to read through all instructions before painting).
1) Make sure your surface is as smooth as a sheet of glass. This is a very critical step to achieving the Mirror Chrome results you are looking for.
2) Lay down a clear coat that is very low in solvents. Spaz Stix Urethane 4 parts to 1 part system will work great for this. (Most clear coats that will work will be a 4 part to 1 part system). In order for the finished product to achieve a true Mirror Chrome look, it is recommended that you wait 7 to 10 days to allow the clear coat to fully cure before wet sanding and buffing to a glass like sheen. Use a soft lint-free rag for buffing. When your surface has a glass like finish, move onto the next step.
3) Clean the surface with alcohol or an alcohol/water solution and dry it. Make sure that your surface is completely streak free. If it is not, it might affect your end results.
4) Start painting the Mirror Chrome using a light dusting effect. One of the best ways to tell if you are spraying it on properly is that you will see the Mirror Chrome paint hit the surface and almost instantly flash a ¼ second to ½ second later. You will be spraying around 15 to 20psi. Be sure to use a small amount of Mirror Chrome paint with a substantial amount of air. Apply the Mirror Chrome until you have achieved your desired effect.
5) You will want to wait at least 24 to 48 hours before moving onto the next step. This is to allow the tail solvents to fully evaporate.
6) Use a very soft lint-free cloth to remove all of the excess Mirror Chrome paint dust / overspray from the surface. Once you have completed this step, you will see a BIG improvement in the final appearance of your surface.
7) Apply the Spaz Stix Urethane over the polished Mirror Chrome surface. You can also add candy concentrate tints to your clear coat to achieve colored Mirror Chrome paint.
8) Let the Clear Coat cure and then sand and buff the surface as needed.